Five Valleys Land Trust is thrilled with the recent announcement that the Nature Conservancy of Montana is purchasing 117,000 acres of forestland in western Montana from Plum Creek Timber.
The Rock Creek Confluence Cabin is available to rent. Located at the confluence of Rock Creek and the Clark Fork River, the cabin sits on 280 acres. There is fishing access nearby and lots of places to hike, bird watch and relax while enjoying this beautiful valley. A short distance up Rock Creek Road you’ll find a world-renowned, blue ribbon, trout stream and stunning scenery.
On December 30th Five Valleys finalized one of the biggest projects of 2013, protecting nearly 2,300 acres in the Mission Valley.
A five-vehicle parking site is open on the eastside of the confluence property. This parking lot allows easy walk-in access just upriver from the Rock Creek road.
Just north of the town of Lincoln and south of the Bob Marshall/Scapegoat Wilderness complex is a 160 acre meadow fringed by ponderosa and lodgepole pines known as the Youderian Meadow. The Youderian family has been here since 1959, and on June 5, they finalized their long-held dream of forever protecting this meadow with a conservation easement.
Today Five Valleys Land Trust purchased the historic Corra Ranch at the confluence of Rock Creek and the Clark Fork River, preserving the scenic gateway to Rock Creek forever, and ensuring that wild trout continue to swim upstream to their traditional spawning beds.
On December 7th Five Valleys closed a 50 acre conservation easement that protects an important reach of Revais Creek near Dixon.
Fish, Wildlife and Parks and Five Valleys Land Trust protect clean drinking water and critical fish and wildlife habitat northwest of Seeley Lake.
Long-time landowner Joe Boyer completed his 10-year effort to protect over 1000 acres of his ranch near Frenchtown. Thanks to Joe and some great partners, Five Valleys will ensure that his ranch is available for agriculture and wildlife in perpetuity!
In June, Russell Heliker and Linda Brock donated a conservation easement to protect their beautiful property on the Clark Fork river just east of Turah.